Skin Actives Peptides
At Skin Actives, we are all about peptides. In fact, most of our products contain at least one peptide. We don't spend enough time explaining and and teaching you about it. But if you are one of our many long time loyal customers, you just know our products work because of these peptides.
What are peptides in skin care?
The short answer is that peptides are small chains of amino acids. Amino acids combine to form the proteins that are the building blocks of our bodies. Different peptides come in different lengths. Generally, the shorter they are, the less they can do for you with one notable exception, Glutathione. The longer chain peptides, like Epidermal Growth Factor and Keratinocyte Growth Factor, are where you can find the real value for your skin.
Peptides in Skin Care
In addition to EGF and KGF, we offer many long chain, effective peptides for use in DIY skincare recipes. Some are antioxidant, anti-aging and nourishing. Here are some of our most .
- Mitochondria concentrate supplies the skin with a full array of lipids, cofactors, and coenzymes for essential nourishment.
- The role of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is to eliminate free radicals to protect the skin from oxidative damage.
- This super concentrated solution of the popular peptide, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, decreases the visible signs of aging by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 promotes and supports the synthesis of collagen and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Granulysin is a protein used to target blemish-prone skin.
Check out our full range of peptide proteins on our webstore, including our most popular EGF and KGF.
3 DIY Recipes For You
- Add a few drops of KGF suspension to 1 fl. oz of Sea Kelp Coral for an inexpensive and easy way to get longer, stronger nails. Apply to nail beds once or twice daily.
- Combine a few drops of EGF suspension with 1 fl. oz of Sea Kelp Coral to help accelerate healing of a recent acne lesion. Apply a small amount to acne lesions once or twice daily
- Reduce the effects of pollution by adding 1/4 tube of ROS Terminator to 1 fl. oz. of Hyaluronic Acid Gel for an antioxidant boost to your skin. Apply after your serums twice a day.
If you prefer our expert formulations created by our chief formulator, Dr. Hannah Sivak, you can search for products containing any of our peptides easily on our website. There are three ways to search products with a certain active ingredient.
- Skin Actives Glossary - use the Glossary to find the active ingredient you are interested in, it will give you a short description the a list of the products containing that active
- Search All Products - When you are in the search area of our webstore, you can search in by skin type, skin condition and product type as well as by active ingredient. Simply select the ingredient you wish to search for and it will provide you a list of products containing that active.
- Search Box - in the upper right hand of the webstore, there is a search box. Type in the name of the active ingredient, press enter, and it will give you all products and blog posts that contact that term. Make sure you spell it correctly for best results!
For a limited time, use coupon code PEPTIDES10 to get 10% off any of our DIY Peptides to try. Instructions for mixing are on the product pages. If you have any questions about our peptides or how to use them, contact our wonderful customer care department.