Crepey skin is a bummer! So is dry skin. It’s one of those things that we might feel like “we just have to deal with.” But we don’t!
There are all sorts of great new ways to take care of our skin. We live in an age where we have never known more about where the effects of aging come from! And with the help of Skin Actives Scientific, there is plenty you can do about it.
This week we have a DIY recipe for weekend fun that will help you address that crepey skin, or head it off at the pass!
What Is Crepey Skin and Where Does It Come From?
As we age our body’s ability to produce collagen and elastin decrease, and this can lead to the thin, wrinkly skin that we associate with this concern. It may start to look like crepe paper! Which is so fun and beautiful when it is ribbons, or decorations, but is decidedly less fun when it is a sign of getting older.
Crepey skin is also a result of exposure to our old enemy, Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). This means that exposure to the sun or other harmful environmental factors can compound the aging process which leads to those thin wrinkles. This also means that application of topical collagen enhancing products as well as our old friend antioxidant rich oils will help combat this effect.
How To Get Rid Of Crepey, Thinning Skin?
Here is a recipe that uses some great components you can find right here at Skin Actives!
Tools You Will Need:
- A small spatula or mini-whisk.
- Paper towels to cover the surface where you will work.
- Isopropyl alcohol to sterilize your implements. We recommend using a spray bottle to dispense the alcohol.
- A small bowl for mixing all your ingredients.
- A notebook where you will write all the details so, if you are happy with the result of your project, you will be able to recreate it.
Ingredients For DIY Body Lotion
Below, you will find the ingredients that you will need to make your very own cream to address crepey skin. Most of these items are DIY ingredients that can be purchased right from the Skin Actives webstore. In such cases, we’ve provided a handy link!
1 - large sterilized lotion bottle or jar (at least 12 oz size)
1 - 1 oz. Hyaluronic Acid Gel
1 - 4 oz. Rosehip Seed Oil
How To Mix Your Own Skincare Formula
You can do all the mixing at room temperature.
- Move Body Cream into your sterilized mixing bowl and whip it up to a nice consistency.
- Begin adding small amounts of the Hyaluronic Acid Gel, stopping to do skin tests every so often. When you have a consistency you like, stop adding gel. The 1 oz gel will have enough to complete the recipe.
- Once you have completed the Hyaluronic Acid Gel step, begin adding Rosehip Seed Oil in the same manner. With Rosehip Seed Oil, a little bit goes a long way, add it in slowly.
- Finally add in the EGF as the finally mixing step. Stir gently from this point forward, EGF is a delicate protein and you don’t want to break it down with too much vigorous stirring.
- When your cream is nice and homogeneous, go ahead and empty it into your bottle, jar or other container for use.
- Enjoy your new cream and your new skin!
At Skin Actives, we’ve found that essential oils or fragrance, have a much higher likelihood of causing allergic reactions or irritation, but if you know you tolerate them, you can add a few drops of essential oils. Try our Essential 2020 Booster.
Skin Actives offers free shipping on all standard orders in the US every day. Check back often for our latest promotions.